Monday 7 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze


Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze
I am never happier than when I am doing English Paper Piecing.  I know what I am doing, I know what result I want and I can take it anywhere.  E8 Mama's Maze was a joy to do as it was lovely little squares and rectangles that all went neatly together.  The small squares are half an inch square.

Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze
I completed this block whilst away over the wet August Bank Holiday weekend.  We were in our camper van and I had many happy hours sewing whilst I waited for the rain to stop.  It did eventually.
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze
Dear Jane Quilt - Block E-8 Mama's Maze

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces:33

4 comments:

  1. Hello Frances,
    I hope you know what an inspiration you are to so many of us. I have been inspired to begin a project using English paper piecing since following your piecing journeys. But you do amazing work; really unsure how mine will turn out. Meanwhile, thanks so much for sharing; it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you connect English paper pieced blocks to regular blocks? I have always wanted to try some of my dear Jane blocks this way but didn't know how to add them to ones I already had done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat and precise. A lovely way to spend a wet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic block. Looks like it was a productive weekend despite the rain.

    ReplyDelete