Saturday 26 September 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H 9 Snowflake Melt

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H 9 Snowflake Melt
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H 9 Snowflake Melt
I took this block away with me over the weekend, only to realise that I had forgotten to pack my fine silk thread for applique.  I used the time to English Paper Piece the background and then added the four diamonds on top as applique pieces once I returned home.  They were quite small (less than an inch) and I found them quite fiddly to attach, but again I got there in the end.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing, Applique
Pieces: 20

2 comments:

  1. You need your little bag of applique, tacking and sewing thread...together with needles, tweezers and scissors and unpicked...you will be ready for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is beautiful. I'm enjoying watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete