Tuesday 8 March 2016

Dear Jane Quilt - Block J7 Chicken Tracks

Dear Jane Quilt - Block J7 Chicken Tracks
Dear Jane Quilt - Block J7 Chicken Tracks
Here is block J7, Chicken Tracks.  I really enjoy doing a simple little square using English paper piecing, there are no surprises and I just love the potential of using tiny scrappy bits of fabrics.
Patchwork fabric scraps
Patchwork fabric scraps
I love scrap quilts.  I was visiting my sister last week and whilst 'hanging out' in her sewing room noticed that there was some fabric in her dustbin.  By the end of my scavenging I left (she let me leave) with over 800g of fabric scraps.  I can't express my delight - was very pleased as I have a few scrap projects that are moving to the forefront of my mind

BTW - my sister has started to hand quilt her Dear Jane quilt.  She used metallics and now the dimension of the quilting is starting to show, it looks really good.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 41 pieces

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to mention that not all the scrap fabrics came from my rubbish bin... She also emptied my scrap bin!

    ReplyDelete