Saturday 14 December 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 59



It was almost a month ago since I asked for all your opinions for the colour choice of Block 59. It is only now that I have finally got around to getting it together.  Thank you for your thoughts.  In the end I went with Joann, Carole and Tubakk, and have made No 4.

Block 59, Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 59, Nearly Insane Quilt
Today, I have just started getting ready for Christmas.  The Christmas decorations have been taken down from the attic and the Christmas cards are finally in the pipeline.  I would love to be doing more blocks for this quilt.  I would love to be catching up with Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt, but at the moment there are other priorities.

Block 59, Nearly Insane Quilt Salinda Rupp
Block 59, Nearly Insane Quilt
There are only 33 pieces in this block.  It was easy to make. Just not so easy to find the time.  Roll on the Christmas break.

NUMBER OF PIECES:  33
DIFFICULTY: 1/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 11/16" (18m) x 11/16" (18mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square,  1 13/8" (36m) x 1 13/8" (36m)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Cherry Sketch Basic Collection by Timeless Treasures #C8224
Ivory on Red Cameo Bud Yardage # 14764 Midwinter Reds by Minick and Simpson, Moda
Apple Red on Cream Sewing Guide Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater for Moda  #5490 11
Zig Zag Chevron Stripe Fabric in Cream Red 5498-31, Sweetwater Mama Said Sew, Moda

Calico

3 comments:

  1. Good that you can find some time for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm glad you went with this version. I love it! I still have to do my cards, sigh. I'm trying to sneak some sewing in the mix, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful block! I love the setting you used with the robin and berries, very Christmassy. Thanks for linking to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete