Monday 30 December 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 69

Block 69 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 69 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Here's another pretty block, mostly done on Christmas Day.  I think I have cracked the formula - include the cream neutral of the sashing, include a solid, and include a midtone, and use as many different fabrics as possible - I bet there are a ton of quilting books that could have told me that! Thanks to Zeynep Maule for identifying the little circle print as 'Homeschool' by Windham fabrics.  I just had a look at the whole range, and it is quite cute.

English paper piecing - tiny bits!
English paper piecing - tiny bits!
Here are some of the pieces that outline the central squares, they are only 1/8th" wide and 1" long, but I really like the detailed effect they give as part of the block.
Block 69 - Nearly Insane Quilt Salinda Rupp
Block 69 - Nearly Insane Quilt
The only decision now is which way to place it in the quilt ...

NUMBER OF PIECES:  54
DIFFICULTY: 3/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Rectangle 1/8" (6mm) x 3/4 (19mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Strip, 6 3/4" (170mm) x 7/16" (11mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Calico
Homeschool Mini Mono Floral Red, LB Krueger for Windham Fabrics SKU# 35182-3
Spraytime (Scarlet) by Makower #2800-R06
Red Garden Pindot by Michael Miller Fabrics 
Red and white stripe - unidentified


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - truly amazing - 1/8th inch wide! You are such an inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/8th" wide? I can't imagine cutting the papers, never mind sewing the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/8" wide? I like working with small pieces but I can't even begin to imagine EPP something that small! The block is stunning. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete