Tuesday 31 December 2013

Day 6 - Twelve Days of Sewing at Fabadashery

Makower Advent Calendar Quilt #107
Makower Advent Calendar Quilt #107
Whilst everyone is thinking of the New Year, I am still catching up with 2013.  As part of my Twelve Days of Sewing, I didn't manage to sew an of my cornerstones, but I did manage to complete my Makower Advent Calendar quilt.  This has been hanging around for a while, and I was determined to complete it during the Christmas break.

Makower Advent Calendar Quilt #107
Makower Advent Calendar Quilt #107
I had completed most of the construction, and the past two days have been about the quilting.  It took longer than I intended, but I have done it well enough to pull it out for next Advent!  I am so pleased to have this done.

As I said, no Nearly Insane progress, partly because I have had visitors, which has included my sister who has been using our floor to baste her quilt with the help of Suzi.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Advent calendar finish - it is a beauty! It is always fun to lend a hand on someone else's project - looks like an amazing quilt too :)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Advent calendar is lovely. The year I made mine I finished it just after Christmas but that made it all fresh and exciting when I got it out the following year. I love your sister's quilt , it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Advent calendar is beautiful and your sister's quilt is also really neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete