Saturday 28 December 2013

Day 3 - Twelve Days of Sewing at Fabadashery

Celtic Solstice Quilt - Star Points
Celtic Solstice Quilt - Star Points
Day 3 was mainly focussed on getting up to speed with Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Quilt.  From previous experience she usually does the BIG REVEAL on New Year's Day, so I want to make sure everything is trimmed and ready to go for when that happens.  I also made the final touches to some presents, which I will show you in due course.

Part 5 Celtic Solstice Quilt - Spilt Square Triangles
Part 5 Celtic Solstice Quilt - Spilt Square Triangles
At midday, Part 5 was released, so I spent the rest of the day making up the one hundred split triangle units required for this stage, and started to trim those as well.

No Nearly Insane cornerstones were done, but then I did get ahead of myself the day before, so everything is still on track.  It is amazing how much sewing can be done when work doesn't get in the way!
Suzi the cat under the Christmas tree
Suzi the cat under the Christmas tree
Suzi has taken to sitting under the Christmas tree whilst it has been up, and that is where I found her for todays photo.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just heading upstairs to start progressing my part 5. My early morning walk with the dog this morning enabled me to work out why my practice blocks haven't been the right size. So I am feeling a bit more confident about my forthcoming afternoon efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful units, and such great colors. This will be a happy quilt.I have 70 of mine done so a few more to go.

    ReplyDelete