Friday 7 July 2017

July 2017 Update - La Passacaglia

La Passacaglia - June 2017
I thought I had better put up a post as my dedicated followers (Jocelyn / Mollie) have been wondering what I have been up to.  Last time I posted I had just started the La Passacaglia quilt and in the picture you can see the progress.  This one is much harder than the previous projects as there are a lot of design decisions along the way.  Life was so simple when it was just a little Dear Jane block to do. Naturally I want to put my own twist on it and finding the time to do that has been the obstacle.  It demands a lot of different fabrics and as a result my workroom has imploded with fabric and there is currently restricted access.  I haven't had time for the Scrappy Challenge and Dear Jane is still waiting for her papers to be taken out.
I have also been creatively sidetracked with other creative stuff.  I bought a Gelli plate and it has re-ignited my interest in mixed media.  Then I bought a Brother Scan N Cut once I realised I could cut all my English paper pieces from it - yes it really can.
If you are wondering what sewing I am really up to, you had better head over to my other blog.  There is no shortage of sewing going on there and it probably the best place to find me  / Follow me if you want to check I am still alive.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...I was definitely curious about what you are up to. And La Passacaglia is so fascinating, you could show each individual one and it would be as interesting on its own as a Dear Jane block. The lower right hand block's fussy cutting is particularly intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. See this is why I follow you, Frances. Your La Passacaglia blocks are just the nicest. Like Sally, I would love to see each close up. But I know you are busy. Good to have an update though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are looking wonderful - and time consuming!! What size are these Frances?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that all is well... just busy! I'll hop on over to your other blog now for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enchanted with these blocks and the finished quilts I've seen. It will be interesting to see your progress with these (even if it is slow).

    ReplyDelete