Sunday 15 November 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block C10 Patriots Lantern

Dear Jane Quilt - Block C10 Patriots Lantern
Dear Jane Quilt - Block C10 Patriots Lantern
37 pieces for this little block, C10 Patriots Lantern.  I feel like I have overdosed on orange lately, but I am sure it will look great in the overall scheme of things.

BTW - My sister has just reported in that she has just embroidered her final Dear Jane corner block with her total pieces - 5309. I reached at least 6032 for my Nearly Insane and that figure didn't include the border.  I guess everyone is going to have a different number for the pieces they used in the Dear Jane quilt with all the different approaches to the blocks.  She is currently sewing her borders on.  I can't wait to see it.

Happy Slow Stitching Sunday!

Techniques: English Paper Piecing
Pieces: 37

12 comments:

  1. A slow stitching project for sure! You have tenacity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew it makes my head spin! :) Enjoy your stitching today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty block. I can't imagine all those pieces, but then again that is similar to the massive cross-stitch project that I am in the middle of. I guess I did a whole lot of pieces when I made 539 flying geese for my last large quilt, but I just didn't count the pieces. Of course I have yet to attempt EPP so I am quite impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful block! That sure is a lot of little pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- what Carla said: you have tenacity!! I like the burnt orange (or at least what's appearing as burnt orange in the photo) print you're using! Enjoy the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mercy, I wouldn't want to know that number, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing workmanship--whoa that is a whole lotta pieces!! I am over dosed on orange, too--my grandson's fave color is orange and I am quickly using up my stash...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little block--I have yet to make even one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tenacity is a good word for attempting a Dear Jane. I have to the triangle blocks is transforming mine and would certainly recommend going the whole way if you decide to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the orange! This is a long term project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of counting!! It's a beautiful block too :) I love EPP, but I've never attempted anything like this...don't tempt me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen that block, but I like it. Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete