Monday 30 November 2015

Miniature Block of the Month October 2015 - The Quilt Room

Miniature Block of the Month October 2015 - The Quilt Room
Miniature Block of the Month October 2015 - The Quilt Room
Yes, I know. It is nearly December and I have only just completed the Quilt Room's October Miniature Block of the Month.  This was due to a bit of a muddle there end and a bit of a muddle my end, so I am willing to share responsibility.  I wanted to get them done before I started this years Quiltville Mystery quilt and get ahead of myself.

This one is called 'Pinwheel Star' and could have had loads of different colour combinations.  The layer cake of 'Snowman Gatherings' which I have been using is coming to the end of its useful life and this is BOM becoming a scrap project.

I don't actually live near to the Quilt Room shop and haven't found many others doing this BOM online which makes me think that I need to update my social media habits - where do you spend most of your time these days to get you quilty fix?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute block. I have enough of my own projects and don't normally follow along with on-line BOM's. I did download the patterns from the Seeing Stars, Turning Twenty sew along and actually have the fabrics pulled. I just haven't had the time to sew the stars. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be hard for you to switch from EPP to regular piecing. Love the block. And I get my quilty fix from a number of places but my favorite shop is about 35 minutes from me and I take my 92 year old quilting friend up there (Busy Thimble, Litchfield, Maine USA) at least once a month. If you haven't seen her Blog, I highly recommend it. Her shop is full of fantastic quilts and reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete