Wednesday 18 November 2015

Allietare Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2015 - Introduction


Easy Street Mystery Quilt 2012
Easy Street Mystery Quilt 2012
Welcome to the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt journey for 2015!  This will be my third Mystery quilt.  The first one I did was Easy Street in 2012.  I managed to keep up and get the top done by January 2013.  Quilting has been another matter, but I am pleased to say that it is now quilted and in use.

Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt 2013
Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt 2013
In 2013 I joined in the Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt.  This time my sister joined me and we had great fun getting the tops complete.  This one is not quilted yet, but is pencilled in for Spring 2016.  This time last year I was all set to join in with the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, but life took over as it often does. 
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter Fabric Selection
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter Fabric selection

Bonnie has really chosen a pretty selection of colours this year - rich reds, warm golds, a grey to throw forward the colour, black and her usual neutrals.  There are a lot of neutral fabrics required for this quilt and there are rumours going about that there will be lots of strip piecing, similar to her beautiful Orca Bay quilt which you can find in her books.   Her colour inspiration comes from her trip to Italy and you can see the detail of her colour inspiration on her blog.


Allietare! - Fabadashery Fabric Selection
Allietare! - Fabadashery Fabric selection
To keep up with tradition I will not be using the same colour scheme.  My colour inspiration is not as exotic as an Italian holiday, but the curtains in our bedroom.  I know that the dark green fabric at the top will be my constant, the neutral  will be my neutral, but still deciding on the mix of the other colours.  I have plenty of grey and pink, but I am struggling finding the right shade of pale green.  It is always a risk mixing up the colours, but as long as I keep neutral neutral I am ready for the ride! With the decision made the first job is to restore order to my workroom, the fabric selection process has been traumatic to say the least.

9 days to go!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following how your color selection works for this mystery. I am using alternate colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your color choices. So happy to see you starting yet another project. I thought I was the only one who works on overload! Can't wait to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the mystery fun here, too. This is the first year I've worked with alternate colours.

    ReplyDelete