Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H8 Eaton's Crossroad

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H8 Eaton's Crossroad
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H8 Eaton's Crossroad
Here is the final block of this orange draw, H8 Eaton's Crossroads. I looked up Eaton's Crossroads on the internet and it is a real place in the state of Tennessee.  My block doesn't really represent the street map view I found.  Then it made me curious to look up where Tennessee is located in the USA and I was reminded of its music history .. the Dear Jane quilt is a true learning journey.

Dear Jane Quilt - Block H8 Eaton's Crossroad
Dear Jane Quilt - Block H8 Eaton's Crossroad
You will get an insight from this picture of how I approached this block.  I English paper pieced the centre circle cross and then appliqued it on, removing the paper as I went.  I am starting to build up quite a stash of Dear Jane blocks which makes me eager to get more done.

Techniques: English Paper Piecing, Applique
Pieces: 36

4 comments:

  1. Adding the circle over the square was quite clever. I've still not done hexie curves - need to get over the nerves as I was gifted the acrylic templates for a curved hexie project I started last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that I LOVE Nashville, Tennessee for their country music scene. I've been twice and hope to go again soon. Will need to look up Eaton's Crossroads...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun one to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem like the more you make the more you NEED to make doesn't it? Love this block too.

    ReplyDelete