Friday 12 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 10


Block 10 - Nearly Insane Quilt
Block 10 - Nearly Insane Quilt
I think you would describe Block 10 as an Ohio Star Variation – just one of many variations which I have already done, and have yet to do, as part of the Nearly Insane Quilt.

In this block I am showcasing my new ‘favourite’ fabric which I have recently purchased, Polka Party III by Holly Holderman for Lakehouse Drygoods, which I picked up at the Patchwork Basket in Newent. The cream fabric on the star has a subtle spot print on it, which is pearlescent  - just enough to add a little special something when it catches the light. I hope you can appreciate it from the detail picture. 
Polka Party III, Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods
Polka Party III, Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods
Just a reminder that I am doing the quilt using the English Paper Piecing method, mainly because I need it to be portable, as I am travelling around, which is why you can see large green tacking stitches still in the block.  I don't usually take these out until I am putting the quilt top together.
(WHOOPS! - I have just realised that I have forgotten to let you know the latest draw of blocks - I will get you up to speed over the weekend!)

NUMBER OF PIECES: 25
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square 2.5" (63mm) x 2.5" (63mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

"Polka Party III" by Holly Holderman, Lakehouse Drygoods (#03035)
"Friendship" (Tonal Red) by Howard Marcus for MODA (Collections For a Cause) # 46130
Red Sprig on Cream (Unidentified)

Joining Up with Crazy Mom Quilts!

3 comments:

  1. Another lovely block. That is a great photo of the fabric, you can really get the idea of the pearl detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the polka dot party fabric - I'm going to a not-so-LQS today and will keep my eyes open just incase...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so i just went through all your posts for your Nearly Insane Quilt... WOW! So inspiring. It's going to be quite a striking quilt when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete