Monday 1 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - March 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt, Progress March 2013 Fabadashery
Nearly Insane Quilt, Progress March 2013
Since February 2013 when I started on the Nearly Insane Quilt journey, I have been drip feeding you progress on my work, so as an Easter treat I thought I would share with you an update of the overall progress.
All the tacking stitches and paper templates are still in place, which makes the overall look at the moment a bit strange, but I know when I finally sew all the components together, it will transform the work I have done so far.  I am always tempted in the back of my mind to sew a few together, or remove the papers, but ultimately I see it as the incentive for completing the first stage of making the blocks.  It is also fun playing with the bits and pieces, like I have done here, to get a taste of what the overall quilt will look like in the future. 
You will know from my Random Draws, that this is not the final layout of the blocks, the actual layout can be seen in a very small format on my sidebar.
The completion statistics so far:
10 Blocks
3 Side blocks
7 Cornerstones
25 Sashes
 
Thanks to everyone who takes time to stop and comment.
Joining up with Patchwork TImes.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It is looking sensational! I'm drooling over the delectableness! I would be tempted to remove papers, etc. would like you I would save it for later. I'm really enjoying following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of red fabrics in this quilt, and the corner stones accent the blocks so nicely. I can't wait to see how the whole think will look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and white of it. Those must be tiny cornerstone pieced blocks. Are you hand-stitching them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love seeing them in a group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks! It's going to be absolutely gorgeous when it's all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous next to each other!!! I'm so impressed with how many of these blocks you've made in such a short amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. I'm a red and white gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red and white is stunning and the cornerstones are perfect for this project. Do we get another reveal on the next holiday? I guess you don't have Memorial Day in May nor Fourth of July. Gosh I'm batting zero here...give me a holiday...

    What software are you using for the diagram? Did you EQ it or is there Nearly Insane software that I haven't seen yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could never make this quilt but I can definitely admire you for doing it. I love the reds, whites, and pinks you've chosen. It will be a stunning quilt. Will you use it or will you display it?

    ReplyDelete