Saturday 20 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Draw 6

It is time for Draw 6 of my Nearly Insane Quilt journey ... and the next blocks are

13 - 43 - 80 - 96

I have already been choosing my colour combinations for Block 43, which at first glance seems to be one of the more 'insane' blocks, and looks like a traditional 'Lone Star' variation.  I don't think I have ever done a Lone Star before. Here are six of the colour combinations which I have come up with (so far) - which Option is your favourite?
Block 43 Nearly Insane - Lone Star Variation
Block 43 Nearly Insane - Lone Star Variation
 

7 comments:

  1. I like the first one, a nice soft blend of colours. Isn't it amazing how different they look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I can hardly believe these are the same block! My favorites are 1 & 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have a few opinions. If it is one of the "insane" ones, I think it should look like it, so I would eliminate 2. I really like that one, but it looks like it is made from larger pieces. Number 4 seems to be messing with my eyes, and looking blurry. I prefer option 1 to option 6 because one seems to "glow" in the center. Finally, I prefer 3 over 5 because I like the white space in the corners. So, I have it narrowed to 2: 1 and 3. Again, if I get back to wanting to see the "insaneness" of the block, I would have to choose 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow several to choose from here. I first thought Option 1, but the more I look at it the more insane Option 4 becomes. I say Option 4 for your project...yes JoAnne it does mess with one's eyes! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow several to choose from here. I first thought Option 1, but the more I look at it the more insane Option 4 becomes. I say Option 4 for your project...yes JoAnne it does mess with one's eyes! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible project! I like number 5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all, no chance you could do them all? ;- )
    Esther

    ReplyDelete