Friday 19 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 57

I must have tried about 50 different fabric combinations for Block 57 for my Nearly Insane Quilt, using my Electric Quilt software - probably the time it would have taken to make the block in the first place.  There is another Ohio Star in there somewhere if you look closely.
In the end I have used the same pretty Apple fabric that I used for the Basket Block, Block 41, along with some French General fabric and a red daisy print, 'Kimono Ditzy' which I haven't had the chance to use yet.
It was easy to put together as most of the pieces were similar sizes and shapes, I just had to take care that everything was put in the right place.
Another block finished, ready for Draw 6.
Linking with Finish Up Friday!

NUMBER OF PIECES: 45
DIFFICULTY: 2/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle, 1" (25mm) x 1" (25mm) x 1 3/8" (36mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Square 1 3/8" (36mm) x 1 3/18" (36mm)

TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 

Kimono Ditzy (843) by Henley Studio, Makower UK
French General Favourites - Pearl  for Moda #13526 14
Apple Fabric - unidentified

5 comments:

  1. I love the apples in there! How cool is it that you have the fabric in EQS and can audition it. I can't believe how quickly you get these done. It seems like it is one nearly every day. Even if I don't comment on every post, I always read about them. It is such a treat for me and makes my day to see one of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are coming right along. The apples are great and a nice mix between the red and white fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute apple fabric. What a gorgeous quilt this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color, nice fabric contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That title cracks me up ;) Great result!!

    ReplyDelete