Tuesday 2 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 30

Block 30 - Nearly Insane Quilt Fabadashery
Block 30 - Nearly Insane Quilt
What I am enjoying most about the Nearly Insane Quilt, is that there is no time to get bored with repeating the same block, as each one presents a fresh challenge.  When planning this block I was going to change the direction of the HSTs, but once I remembered that the block would be on point, I changed my mind back.  I really like the use of stripes on this one.

I am really pleased that I loaded all my fabrics on to the Electric Quilt software, as it allows me to indulge in choosing the fabrics for each patchwork block.  The software has really worked well with this project because of this,  and I get to use it at least once a week.  Before, my experience of it was limited to designing a quilt, and then spending the next year making it!

PS: I have just done a really SILLY thing. I measured the finished size of the block.  It has turned out 6" x 6 3/16"  - that is a problem for another day!

NUMBER OF PIECES: 34
DIFFICULTY: 4/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Triangle,3/4" (19mm) x 3/4" (19mm) x 1 1/16" (27mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Rectangle 1/2" (12.5mm) x 6" (152mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS:
Roc-Lon Unbleached Muslin
Kona Cotton (Solid Red) by Robert Kaufman

Red with White Dots, Makower
Weekend Rail Stripe Red by Swirly Girl Designs, for Michael Miller # 45533
Red pattern with white dot (unidentified)

Joining up with Connie at Freemotion by the River

8 comments:

  1. When I first saw the photo, I loved the use of stripes, too. Great polka dots, the stripes make it. How cool that you can audition the fabrics first. I hope you find out the size issue and it is easily fixable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really cute block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat block and EQ does make it fun to try things out! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, lots of little pieces. Looks grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore stripes no matter what but my first thought was I liked it so much how can I make this in to a doll sized quilt. I've saved the photo to play with...

    ReplyDelete
  6. love red and white together! great work.

    ReplyDelete