Sunday 7 April 2013

Nearly Insane Quilt - Block 95

Edge Blocks - Nearly Insane Quilt
Edge Blocks - Nearly Insane Quilt
I thought I would give the Nearly Insane Edge blocks a little showcase of their own in this post.  As you can see four are now complete, including Block 95, which is the latest to the collection.

Block 95 is one of the edge triangles for the Nearly Insane Quilt.  I admit I have 'innovated' with this one (AGAIN!).  I was struggling to make the centre work, so I have adapted to make my own design, which involved more pieces.  Is this cheating?  (Note: I have just checked in Liz Lois book to see HOW much I have cheated.  It looks like I have innovated on the little nine patch too.)   There seem to be some Chinese whispers between the book, the Electric Quilt software, and me actually making it.  It works for me, and the Scarlet Spraytime is REALLY red and adds some punch to this one!

NUMBER OF PIECES: 26
DIFFICULTY: 3/10
SMALLEST PIECE: Square, 1/2" (12.5mm) x 1/2" (12.5mm)
LARGEST PIECE: Strip 1/2" (12.5mm) x 6 " (152mm)
TECHNIQUE: English Paper Piecing (EPP)
FABRICS: 
Pom Pom de Paris by French General for Moda #13575-13,

Spraytime (Scarlet) by Makower #2800-R06

 

7 comments:

  1. Every time I see one of these blocks I think "those really are insane." You make them look insanely pretty!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. My quilty kitties and I love visitors in our scrapatch ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought the Farmer's Wife quilt was insane! This is beautiful work, Frances. Nice to 'meet' you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. It is nice to see four of the edges together. If you add more pieces, I don't think that is cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, just to let you know I sent you an email to say thank you for the lovely comment you left me but it 'bounced' ... didn't want you to think I hadn't responded :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No it's not cheating. You're improvising! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're making it your own, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it's cheating because it's your quilt and you are entitled to make it work for you.

    ReplyDelete